sefjwm Trophy Card

I doubled it down.


In case you haven't heard KFC just released a new "sandwich" called the Double Down. I put sandwich in quotes because this thing is missing one key ingredient for sandwiches, the bread. Now I know there are those Atkins type sandwiches with lettuce or something replacing the bread but are those really sandwiches either? What it does have, beside a nonsensical yet cool name, is 2 slices of bacon between 2 slices of Monterey Jack and pepper jack cheese between 2 chicken breasts smothered in special sauce. Most people I've talked to were disgusted by that description but to me it sounded like a dream come true. That dream had to wait a couple of days since I was unable to go try it the day it came out, April 12th.


Today, however, I did have time and went to enjoy some crazy unhealthy food for lunch. Not only did I get the Double Down meal but I also bought cheese curds at the recommendation of my friends. They opted to replace their potato wedges with curds but I really wanted my wedges so I bought an order of curds in addition to everything else. Not to mention I washed all that down with the draft root beer they have which I'm pretty sure has 10 times the sugar as their normal soda.

The Double Down was much better than expected. I figured seeing as everything in it was fried it would be gushing with grease and oil. It was greasy but not very. Fried chicken is bound to have some grease but there was no exorbitant amounts of it like I expected. Early reports were that it was super salty but again while salty it wasn't excessive. All in all the Double Down was quite enjoyable and I didn't feel gross or sick like I always do after eating McDonalds. The cheese curds were also divine. Granted they weren't really cheese curds; more like mini mozzarella sticks with white cheddar as the cheese. Unfortunately at ~$3.50 for a small box of them I will pass on my next visit. I am going to go back for more Double Downs though. I found a favorite new guilty pleasure food.

Surprisingly enough the nutritional facts of the Double Down aren't really that bad for what it is. The original recipe version has only 540 calories. 32 grams of fat, and 1380 grams of sodium. OK that's not really a diet food either but who cares? You don't exactly eat something like this to lose weight. For reference a Big Mac is worse and so is this milkshake from Baskin Robbins that I sadly never had time to sample before they pulled it :(

Oh and for the vegans who feel left out you can always make yourselves a no meat version at home.

歡迎光臨

Don't let the nice design and layout fool you. this is a crazy place where I write all kinds of crazy stuff. Well technically not crazy but everyone else had a blog so I wanted one too. This was what resulted from it. See my first post ever for the full details.