sefjwm Trophy Card

Skeptoid

I looked back and I guess my recent posts have mostly been negative rants. This one should be a much happier tone. I am a little late in the game but I have started listening to podcasts lately. The nerd in me wants to listen to all the gamer podcasts but I figure I read enough gaming and computer articles that there is no need to listen to people read them to me. Instead I try to vary my podcasts a little. My first two were the official Lost podcast and the BS Report. The Lost podcast really is only for those who follow the show, which everyone should be watching anyway. The BS report is a humorous mostly sports related podcast put out by Bill Simmons, a popular ESPN columnist. I highly recommend it but what I really want to talk about is the newest podcast I found.

As is also the title of my post this podcast is called Skeptoid. It is dedicated to debunking urban legends, discussing scientific explanations for things, and discussing weird pop culture phenomena. It is a fun podcast that touches subjects like aliens, bunk science, politics, conspiracy theories and the like. His most recent podcast about Sarah Palin I found very very good and regardless of your political leanings I would recommend a listen. Some other good ones are the ones about high fructose corn syrup, FEMA prison camps and any of the listener feedback ones.

Overall he has 150+ podcasts and his site has transcripts and other ways to listen for those that don't have iPods *cough* Dan and his crappy Zune *cough* as well as other things he writes about and does. I really enjoy what he does and I hope you do as well.

0 comments:

Post a Comment