sefjwm Trophy Card

The before time

As I posted in an earlier entry I recently paid off my car and got out of debt.  I was at a loss what to do next so I figured I'd get back into debt again.  This time I decided to sign away the next 30 years of my life instead of the 2 years for the car.  I just bought a house!  Why a house you ask?  Well at this stage in my life it just felt right.  I had (and still have) plans to eventually move back out east and officially settle down but right now I think the thing I want most is stability.  Moving means new people, new places, and new job if I can even get one.  That was something I really didn't feel good about and right now with the (insert the economy sucks comment here______) yada yada yada I figured I would settle in for now and check back again in 5-10 years.  


Then came my next predicament.  I wanted a house that was large, in Provo, and not attached to any other houses.  I am not a huge fan of townhouses or duplexes especially since they are often inhabited by annoying neighbors (especially the rude people upstairs).  Learn to discipline your children sheesh!!  This would prove to be difficult because large and in Provo means more expensive than most houses.  I had friends showing me houses in Texas or North Carolina that were very nice and cheap but obviously the in Provo criteria was not met.  I was willing to pay a slight premium for location.  (On a side note don't ask me why I wanted in Provo.  I really don't know but it feels right).  

Then I got lucky and found a house the size I want in Provo and the best part was it was in my price range.  The negative part of that is that it was neglected and needed work.  Lots of work.  I don't know how people can live in a house they neglected so badly but I guess it is really none of my business.  As with most home improvement projects I have take before pictures and will update with after pictures once I get stuff done.  I'll post a few in the blog and you can view the rest here.


4 comments:

nick p wester May 23, 2009 at 10:23 PM  

yeah!!!!! stoked to live there! looks great!

stacey May 24, 2009 at 4:03 PM  

Congrats Joe! Looks like a nice house from the pictures. I looked at a lot of houses in the York city area a few years ago and I saw horrible looking houses compared to this!

Bridger May 25, 2009 at 9:03 PM  

Handy man Joe. Looks like you will keep yourself busy with this for a bit. I have actually really grown to like fixing things up around the house... beats dishes & laundry!

lisa May 26, 2009 at 6:03 AM  

Hey Joe. Nice house. Looks like mostly cosmetic stuff to do. I love the kitchen. I agree the purple and pink has got to go...just not a man's color. It will keep you busy for a while. We were lucky to find a house in pretty good condition. Which in our price range and area was a blessing! Most of the houses were completly trashed! Good luck fixing it up.

Post a Comment

歡迎光臨

Don't let the nice design and layout fool you. this is a crazy place where I write all kinds of crazy stuff. Well technically not crazy but everyone else had a blog so I wanted one too. This was what resulted from it. See my first post ever for the full details.