sefjwm Trophy Card

Kawaii

For those who live near me you already know this but to enlighten everyone else I am currently looking into buying a house.  I'm just sick and tired of dealing with rent, small spaces, and ridiculously loud and annoying neighbors.  While searching through listings and google maps I caught myself referring to houses as "cute."  To some this may seem an odd choice of an adjective to describe something that isn't Hello Kitty related but this got me thinking.  When is it OK for a guy to refer to things as cute and still retain his man card?  After a good 5 minutes of deep thought I have come up with some acceptable circumstances.


Babies and young children are cute.  Let's face it.  No matter who you are or where you are from kids are cute.  And even if they aren't, when in the presence of their parents make sure to refer to them as cute or at the very least "breathtaking."

Anything related to your girlfriend is, by default, cute.  Hair, clothes, purse, pants, shirt, necklace, makeup, dress, glasses, shoes, car, etc....  If you don't refer to them as cute and not making her look fat she will soon cease to be your girlfriend and then the default cuteness goes away as well.

Animals can also be referred to as cute.  This is especially true with pandas.  I mean seriously pandas are the cutest things in the whole world.  Case in point :
Besides pandas pretty much everything at this site is also cute Cute Overload.

And this brings us to houses.  I'm really not sure why just yet but it seems to fit.  When I think of the house I want and picture in my mind it always comes up as cute.  Even as a child I would draw airplanes shooting and dropping bombs on made up cities and monsters but whenever a single house was included it was cute.  One door, chimney, couple of windows, path lined with flowers and grass leading away from the front.  Tree with apples and hole in the center was optional of course; as was the smiling, sunglasses wearing sun.  

So yeah I just posted about cute.  I think I need to go barbecue some meat and watch football now.

Bonus cuteness, now with zombies!!

2 comments:

lisa April 3, 2009 at 9:26 PM  

Cute!

Lauren April 6, 2009 at 11:58 AM  

Hilarious. Christopher and I were just watching one of those first-time homebuyers shows on HGTV and the guy kept referring to the house and parts of the house as "cute." And, of course, Christopher was mocking him. :)

Post a Comment

歡迎光臨

Don't let the nice design and layout fool you. this is a crazy place where I write all kinds of crazy stuff. Well technically not crazy but everyone else had a blog so I wanted one too. This was what resulted from it. See my first post ever for the full details.